I am so excited for this new release from Zoeva, I mean just look at how beautiful the Caramel Melange Palette is. I've been a big fan of Zoeva as a brand for some time now... they're quality is incredible whether it's makeup brushes or makeup products, and they are still quite affordable even though they had a recent price increase. This new palette is part of the Plaisir Box, which contains three different eyeshadows all about rich, chocolate kind of tones. However you can still buy the palettes separately if you don't feel like going 'all out' on the trio box. One of the palettes within has actually been part of their permanent range for some time now and that is Cocoa Blend, which I am already a huge fan of. Apart from Caramel Melange which is what I have here, you could also choose the Blanc Fusion palette... but since that is aimed towards cooler tones and yellow hues, I decided to skip on it as I wasn't sure how much I would use it. If you didn't know already I am all about the warm, rich tones and brown/orange shades so for that reason alone, Caramel Melange is perfect.
Like all Zoeva eyeshadow palettes the packaging is cardboard but beautifully designed, not to mention quite strong & durable at the same time. The thick cardboard also means that it's really slim & compact, plus it feels lightweight too so great for popping into your makeup bag. I love the gold accents and rich brown tones, it really does stand out in my makeup collection. One thing that it's always nice is to have a mirror, which unfortunately is not included, but it's not enough to put me off regardless. I also like that the shades all have the names written underneath them and they are quite fun too.
As you can see the Zoeva Caramel Melange Eyeshadow Palette includes 10 different shades, which are all quite warm toned. Each shade is highly pigmented and super easy to blend out. The texture is creamy smooth, so they apply on the eyelids beautifully without kicking up a fuss or causing much fallout. The shades definitely remind me of a rich chocolate box full of stunning caramel, toffee and cinnamon hues. So you can expect to create a variety of sultry, rich makeup looks. There's a range of finishes included in the palette from matte to metallic to pearl. I can also happily report that the formula of this palette is enriched with vitamin E and is 100% free of parabens, mineral oils, perfume and phthalates.
So even though the shades are quite warm and rich, I would still personally consider this palette to be a neutral one. Let me tell you a bit more about each shade...
- Wax Paper - this is a creamy white with a matte finish.
- Universal Delight - here you've got a light peach with a matte finish.
- Aftertaste - this is a favourite of mine and it's a reddish burnt orange with a matte finish.
- 182°C - this is a warm copper orange with a pearl finish.
- Liquid Centre - just look at this shade, absolutely stunning & super intense too. This is a warm copper with a foiled finish.
- Alchemy - this is fab for using as a crease, transition shade. It's a burnt cinnamon with a matte finish.
- Start Soft - another crease favourite. This is a medium warm caramel with a matte finish.
- Finish Sensual - here you've got a medium warm toffee with a matte finish.
- Almost Burnt - another stunning shade with looks almost foiled. This is a warm gold with a metallic finish.
- Edible Gem - probably my least favourite as there's a lot of micro glitters. This a dark purple brown with a matte finish and golden shimmer.
So as you can tell I am absolutely smitten with this new Zoeva Caramel Melange Eyeshadow Palette, it's a total beauty and there really isn't much I can fault. For everyone in the UK the palette is available directly on the original Zoeva website for £17.50 with £2.50 delivery... or you can grab it off BeautyBay and Selfridges for £18. For the price you really do get amazing quality so if you fancy any of the three palettes from the Plasir collection then I recommend you just treat yourself to one (or all three if you can).