You may be familiar with Irresistible Me as brand focusing on hair extensions but did you know they also offered hair care products, accessories and even electronic tools such as this Diamond Flat Iron? I certainly had no idea until the brand got in touch and seeing as hair extensions are not really my cup of tea, I was more than happy to try out one of their hair tools instead. Now 80% of the time you will undoubtedly catch me having my hair in a high pony tail, simply because I'm not exactly great at creating any kind of hair do's nor do I have the time. When I do opt for something a little bit different, it's usually just styling my hair straight or maybe wavy using a super old GHD straightener, that I have had for about 10 years now (no joke... see I told you I don't do my hair often). So I was quite excited to try a different kind of straightener for a change and looked forward to testing the Irresistible Me Diamond Flat Iron*.
First of all I really like the packaging that it comes in, quite handy to store the straightener in when it's not being used (and completely cool mind you). Everything you need to know about the iron is displayed so well within the box, not to mention that there's also a handy little booklet included with added information. The right red packaging on the flat iron itself really stood out to me, so that get's another thumbs up from me. Now seeing as Irresistible me is a US company I should have been prepared for a US plug, but I completely forgot so it was a bit of a disappointment realising that. It meant I had to wait a few days before I could use it, until I was able to pick an adaptor. It's not the end of the world by any means but worth noting so you can be prepared.
As soon as I picked up the flat iron, I realised just how lightweight it was, making it super easy to manage... not forgetting that it has a 360° mobile cord so you have better flexibility too. Now the name suggests Diamond so what exactly does that mean? It's basically described as Diamond Hi Tech styling, which means that the actual ceramic plates have been coated in crushed diamond particles with tourmaline. This new technology helps to protect the hair's natural oils & colour, whilst leaving healthy, shiny & frizz-free results. I'm all about the frizz-free concept, especially now that I have dyed my hair further in recent months meaning it's not exactly in the best condition.
The Diamond Flat Iron has a lot of fantastic features so I'll quickly run through them all (because let's face it I don't want to bore you to death)...
- three different heat settings ranging from 120°(250F) to 230°(450F), which is displayed by lighting up the bar along the flat iron according to their heat levels
- the iron takes seconds (literally) to heat up to the highest setting of 230° so there's no waiting around
- it is dual voltage, which means it is programmed to automatically change from Fahrenheit to Celsius depending on the supplied voltage. Perfect for travelling and there's no need to worry about using it in the UK
- the tips of the iron are heat resistant, which is fantastic as there's less of a chance of accidentally burning your hands/face (especially when using this to curl your hair)
- the 1" floating plate has a smart alignment system, meaning that it self adjusts to your hair making sure it works through the hair smoothly (without any pulling)
- the best feature for me personally is the safety automatic shut down, meaning that the iron automatically shuts down after 30 mins making it super safe to use
The price on the brand's website retails at $149 (roughly £100), which may be an investment but it's definitely a great product worth investing in. It has a ton of fantastic features which my super old GHD lacks in and it provided my hair with amazing results. As you can see below I went from having a bad hair day (my fault in fairness as I fell asleep with wet hair) to sleek locks in just a matter of minutes. My hair stayed sleek & fizz-free until I washed it again within 2/3 days, so it means less worrying about having to maintain your hair every single day.
I'm delighted to have discovered a new hair styling device after sticking to the same one for such a long time and happy to report that it's been great experience testing out the Irresistible Me Diamond Flat Iron. Apart from the initial disappointment about the US plug and having to get myself an adaptor, I have no complaints otherwise. I would love to hear if you've tried anything from the brand recently and your overall thoughts on this particular flat iron...