The final look of the festive season is one suited for a night out and since it's New Years Eve in a few days (ahh can you actually believe it), I though why not create an over the top dark smokey eye with plenty of shimmer, perfect for the party season. This isn't a look I am extremely comfortable with as my partying days are pretty much over, but thought I would go out with a bang for the last festive look of the year. Let me tell you a bit more about how I created the look...
First of I started with the eyes, something that I'm not really used to doing but when it comes to a bold eye there is bound to be fall out and tidying up by the end of it so why ruin a flawless base.
To create the smokey eye:
- I used my trusty Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion because this makes any eyeshadow last all night long.
- I then used a wide flat shader brush to roughly apply Makeup Revolution Mono Eyeshadow in Black Heart. I actually completely forgot to feature this back in my haul a few weeks ago but this was also gifted to me at the #BloggersTeaParty event and although it isn't a shade I would wear very often, the pigment and colour payoff is fantastic.
- Next I used the first highlighting shade from Makeup Revolution Golden Sugar palette with a huge fluffy brush to blend the outer edges and make it all look a bit more wearable.
- I then used KIKO Long Lasting Eyeshadow Stick in Rosy Brown in the middle of the lid and also under the lower lash line.
- Next I used the second shimmery pink shade from the bottom row of the Golden Sugar palette to help blend the KIKO Eyeshadow Stick perfectly and to add more sparkle to the eye.
- I then used a few cotton buds soaked in Garnier Micellar Water to tidy up the eye area and clean up any fallout.
- Lastly I used the white highlighter shade again to add some brightness into the inner corner of the eye.
Now it's onto the base and before I touched the foundation I decide to use my Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer under the eye area and t-zone to help brighten up the skin. The next step was to create a full coverage base to go along with this bold smokey eye and of course I used my newest discovery, the Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation along with the Setting Powder from the same range. I also added a touch of Loreal Lumi Magique Primer to instantly add a lovely glow to the face.
For my lashes I decided I wanted them to be full of volume and length, so I first used my new favourite Blinc Black Lash Primer, followed by a few coats of Rimmel Wonder'full Extreme Black Mascara (not pictured here).
For the brows I decide to give my trusty Anastasia Dipbrow a break (I know shock horror) as I wanted to experiment with this Benefit Instant Brow Pencil a bit more before deciding whether it was worth keeping or not. I have had problems with this from the very beginning but considering the price I payed I just wasn't ready to ditch it, but I've once again proved myself that this pencil just isn't for me so I am afraid it's getting chucked out.
The lips had to be the perfect pinky nude which looks amazing with this kind of smokey eye, so of course I chose my one and only MAC lipstick in Creme Cup. I love this shade and think it goes perfectly with this eye look.
So that's the finished look, pretty simple considering it's a look for a night out. What do you all think? Is this a look you would wear on a night out or maybe an upcoming New Years Eve party? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this...
Before I go just want to wish everyone a quick Happy New Year (a bit early I know but I won't be posting again till the new year)! Hope you all have an amazing night whatever you decide to do and that you start off the new year on a fresh & positive new chapter! It's what I am personally hoping to do anyway!