You could say this is not a festive look as such because it's a more natural and toned down version of a simple smokey eye with a peachy nude lip. But not everyone is comfortable wearing a bold lip and a full on smokey eye with shades out of their comfort zone, so this look is basically for those of you who want to look like they made an effort but keep their makeup as natural as possible at the same time. So here is how I achieved the look:
- I actually remembered to use a primer and to be honest I didn't see a huge difference compared to how my makeup lasts throughout the day when I don't use now, but maybe that's just me. The primer of choice was the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, which I have in a travel size version to try out as I didn't want to splurge on the full size.
- I then used Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation, which I feel like I have used in all my tutorials lately but I just can't help it since it is such a great foundation for my skin at the moment. Since I used my fingers to blend this all over the face, the coverage was quite high so I was even able to skip on the concealer this time around.
- I then set it all in place with its partner in crime, the Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder, this stuff is amazing and it really prolongs the wear time of my foundations. I won't go on about it too much as you can read more about it here if you're interested.
- Before moving on to anything else I badly needed to apply a good layer of Carmex Lip Balm since my lips were super dry.
- To contour the face I used my new Makeup Revolution Blush palette in Golden Sugar which I raved about earlier in the week. Like I mentioned in the post here, I used the bottom last shade for contouring and then added the bottom second shade for colour and highlighting. I just love the effect you get from combining these two gorgeous shades.
Now onto the eyes which are quite natural and with some definition in the crease. For this I used another new favourite from Makeup Revolution, the Iconic Dreams palette after priming my eyes with the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. Here's how I created this quick and simple look:
- I applied shade no.2 in the middle of the lid and blended towards the inner corners of the eye.
- I used no.11 and no.12 mixed together in the crease and blended well.
- Lastly I used shade no.10 under the lower lash line for a touch of sparkle. (See I told you the look was easy peasy).
To finish off the eyes I used some of my staples in my makeup routines at the moment:
- Firstly I curled my lashes using the Shu Uemura Lash Curler and the applied a layer of Blinc Black Lash Primer to really give some added oomph to my lashes.
- A few coats of my favourite Rimmel Wonder'full Extreme Black Mascara and that's the eyes completely finished.
- To keep the look on the natural side I used Maybelline Brow Drama, which is a gel that adds a touch of colour to the hairs, making the brows look fuller whilst keeping them in place all day.
- To finish off the look entirely I used the moisturising Makeup Revolution #LipHug in Not Giving Up, which compliments the eyes perfectly in my opinion and it was the best option for me on the day with my dry lips.